Monday, December 28, 2020

Going through the Footage

           I’m so glad that we finished filming, and now it’s time to put it all together! Before we can edit we need to go through all of the footage that was taken. We knew this was going to be a lot longer process than it has been in the past. This short film is the longest project yet that we have done. My group and I plan on meeting up soon to review our footage and go through it. However, I thought it would be a good idea to look through it and pick the clips that I thought were the best. This way, I can show my group mates the clips and see what they think. This will make it a faster process and more efficient. Since I filmed, I have all the footage on my phone which allows me to have access to all of it. I had to see which clips came out the best, but also put into consideration the audio in the background.

         I started off by looking at the first set of clips that I took for the first scene. Each clip from this scenes looked pretty good so I just favorited the one I thought was overall the best. I continued to do this for the rest of the scenes. I tried to pick the clips with the best shots and angles. While filming, I was moving a lot to create tracking shots. So, I also chose the clip that looked the smoothest and most professional. I had just gotten a new phone right before filming so it was perfect timing. The camera quality is very good and doesn’t show much movement which allowed the footage to look very smooth. I continued to go through the clips for each scene favoriting the best one. For some, I favorited multiple which I will show my group mates to come to a decision of which one we will use. Now that I have gone through the footage, I can meet up with my group mates and picking our clips will be a lot easier. 




No comments:

Post a Comment