Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Editing!

           We have chosen the best clips to use for our short film and are now ready to move on. This means that we are now going into the editing process! I also enjoy editing because I get to see the film come together. I started off by gathering all the clips that I was going to use. For some scenes I had favorited two clips to see which one would look better in the film. The software that I used to edit was iMovie. My group and I have used this in the past and it has always been a very easy process. First I uploaded all the clips into iMovie. Once all the clips were there, I realized that it was a little over 6 and a half minutes. I knew that I would have to do a lot of cutting to get it to the 5 minutes it needed to be. 

            I then began putting the clips in the right order. Then, I added smooth transitions between each clip to make it flow together. I had originally used a fade transition for most of them, but then realized that the dissolve transition took away a few seconds from each clip. I decided to switch them to the dissolve transition since it was important to cut as much as possible. Once I had this done, I went through each clip and cut as much as I could. This was a very long process because I had to split a lot of the clips and cut out parts from the middle. After a lot of time and cutting, I was able to cut almost 2 whole minutes out, getting our film down to 5 minutes and a few seconds. Due to lots of background noise from outside, I muted all the scenes with no dialogue. I will soon go and add music during these parts, and then titles. I did as much as I could for now and will find time soon to finish up since I work all weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment