Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the Commercial


         Today in class we were supposed to start our editing process. When I walked into class I saw my group member so we decided to go to the computer. When we got to the computer, my group member logged in since our footage is on his account. When the computer finally turned on, I opened up the folder where we dumped our footage. When we saw the footage we had, my group member and I decided we needed to film the voiceovers. So, I went over to get a sign out paper and filled it out. Then, I walked over to the closet and got a camera, tripod, media pass, and SD card. I got the tripod just incase even thought we didn’t think we were going to need it. Once I had got everything we needed, my group member and I went outside to film our voiceovers. We decided that we would film our voiceovers at the bottom of the stairs.
            Once we got to the bottom of the stairs, we realized that it was too noisy to do it there since there was constantly people around us. So, I grabbed the equipment and we walked over to the track to make sure there wouldn’t be anyone around us. When we got to the track, I got the camera out of bag and made sure the SD card was in. Then my group member and I talked about what we were going to record and say for the voiceovers. Once we figured out what we were going to say, I filmed my group member saying the voiceovers. I recorded while my group member said things like motivational words and quotes. Once I was done recording my group member, he and I decided that we would film a few more shots of the gatorade bottle. I told my group member that it would be best if we did it on the bleachers, so we walked over there and got the gatorade bottle out. My group member filmed and eye level with the bleacher as I slammed the gatorade bottle on the bleacher. I did this a few more times while my group member filmed and then we went back to the classroom. 
           Once we got back into class, I returned all of our equipment except for the SD card. I also went over and got an SD card reader to put the SD card in. Then, we went over to the computer and inserted the SD card reader. Once it was in, I opened up the files and dragged all of our new footage into our folder I made last class. It took a few minutes to find the new footage since there were other places it could be on the SD card. The computer also was really slow so it took a while because I had to open one of the video clips to make sure it was our footage. Once I found the new footage, I highlighted and dragged all of it into the folder. After I finished that, we still had to put the footage into our google drive. My group member logged into his google drive and then I made a new folder on his account and dragged all of the footage into the folder. It was taking a while to download all of it into the google drive, so while it was loading, I was thinking of some ideas that we could use when we started editing. Once everything was done downloading onto the google drive, I closed everything and returned the SD card reader. Then we didn’t see pinnacle studios on our computer so we weren’t able to start editing today, but I’m really excited to start editing next class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment