Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing the Commercial pt.2


          Last class we started editing our commercial. We finally got laptops with pinnacle studios on it so we could edit. We were so happy to finally have the laptops since the desktops didn’t all have pinnacle studios. Time was lost because of this so now we finally got to start our editing process. Once we got the computer, my group member went onto his google drive account so we could get all of our footage. Then, I downloaded all the footage from google drive so that we would get it on pinnacle studios. When pinnacle studios finally opened, we saw there was a sample video so I clicked file, and then new. I did this so we could start new for our commercial. Then, I imported everything from the files onto pinnacle studios. After everything finally imported, I had to click every take that we took so my group and I could pick the best ones. 
            We first started with the scene of my group member walking onto the track. Once we all decided on the take that was the best, I dragged the clip onto the video track. Then we had to watch all of the takes of her unzipping her bag and taking her shoe out. Then I dragged the best clip onto the video track of this scene. Then we decided on the best scene of my group member putting her shoe on and then getting in running position. I then dragged this piece of footage onto the track right after the previous clip. I continued to drag all the best takes onto the track as we went through and decided which ones to use. Finally, after I was done dragging everything, our footage was all put together. By the time we were done putting our videos together on the track, class was already over. We had so many technical difficulties in the beginning that we had a late start, and therefore weren’t able to get much done. 
            Today, we got into class prepared to work quickly since we knew we didn’t have a lot of time. We grabbed a computer right away and turned it on. After waiting a while, it finally turned on, so then I opened pinnacle studios. I soon started to panic when it didn’t open. We tried opening it many times but it was saying that pinnacle studios wasn’t responding. I was freaking out since we couldn’t access our commercial and we had no clue what to do. We tried shutting it down, restarting it, everything we could do. Since it didn’t open, we knew that we would have to start all over so we grabbed a different computer. While waiting for the other computer to turn on, I started going through our footage on my google drive to try and figure out what takes we used for the commercial. I had to go through all the footage again and look for the best ones. I found the first few clips, but then saw class was over soon so we decided to put all the footage on my group members hard drive. Then, class was over so we knew we would have to finish it this weekend. Thankfully, we will have an extra day now in class due to all the technical difficulties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment