Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the Commercial

        During class, we filmed for our commercial. When we got to class, I got the sign out paper and filled it out. Then I took it over to the closet, and was handed the camera, tripod, SD card, and media pass. Then I went over to sign out the media pass, and also wrote the equipment numbers onto the sign out paper. I turned the camera on to make sure it was working and then inserted the SD card. After the camera was checked, my group and I grabbed our things and walked to our filming location. I carried the equipment as we walked out to the track. Once we got onto the track, I set up the tripod and got it all ready to use. I also attached the camera to the tripod so we could start filming. Once the camera was on the tripod, I adjusted the knobs on it to make it the right height. 
       When we started filming our commercial, I was directing. I also made a list of requirements that needed to be in the commercial. Making the list made filming more efficient so that I could check off the requirements as we did them. This also helped us make sure we had everything we needed in the commercial. For the first scene, my group member Madeline walked onto the track and set the duffel bag down. I would tell Madeline when to start walking, and tell my other group member Leo when to start filming. For the next scenes as well, I also directed and said when to start and stop. In one of the scenes, we used a pan movement to film Madeline running on the track. To do this, I attached the camera to the tripod and while Leo recorded, I was moving the handle on the tripod to create the pan movement. Once we were done filming, I closed and folded up the tripod and put it back in the bag. After we had put everything away we headed back to the classroom. I was in charge of carrying all the equipment again and making sure we had everything. 
       We still had to dump all of our footage onto the computer before class ended. Once we got back in the class room, we went straight to a computer so we could dump our footage. It was taking a while to log on so while we waited, I returned the camera and tripod. Then I went and returned the media pass and made sure to sign it back in. By the time I was done returning everything, the computer had turned on so we got an SD reader and inserted the SD into the reader, and then into the computer. Once the SD reader was in, I opened the files and created a new folder onto the desktop. Then, I went into files and opened the files in the SD card. I then selected all the footage and dragged it into the folder I made on the desktop. Once I was done dumping all of the footage onto the computer, we returned the SD reader. We had a successful first filming day and are now excited to start editing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment