Friday, October 16, 2020

Short Film vs. Feature Length Film

           Now that I have watched both the short film and the feature length film, it’s time to compare! Some qualities that the short film had that the full film did not is that it had no dialogue. The rag dolls did not talk to each other in the short film. However, there were other sound effects that made the short film come together. I thought the short film not having any dialogue is what made me a little confused on what the film was about. With the use of dialogue in the full length film, I was able to pick up on what idea the director was trying to get across. The characters talking about what was going on really helped me and gave me the bigger picture. Another quality that the short film had was that there were only two rag dolls. There was also only one machine in the short film. This was also the first machine in the beginning of the full length. On the other hand, the full length had a total of 9 rag dolls, and multiple machines that they had to defeat. The full length film also accomplished some things that the short film did not. One example is that the long film gave me a better understanding of what the true meaning behind the film was. I truly enjoyed both the short film and the full length film. However, I definitely enjoyed the full length more because it had a really good plot and kept me interested throughout. The use of dialogue in the full length made the film much better. It was easier to understand due to the unique and unusual plot. I was also left feeling better at the end of the full length compared to the short film. After the short film, I was a little relieved since he defeated the machine, but I was also upset since 9’s friend sacrificed himself. Even though multiple rag dolls souls were taken, I was relieved at the end to know that they were free and happy. I really enjoyed watching both the short and full length films, and thought it was so interesting to see how the directors made it into a full length. 




No comments:

Post a Comment